Windows 8 & Windows 8.1 Keyboard characters misplaced [Fixed]
After upgrading to Windows 8 I had an issue with keyboard characters. Whenever I type ‘@’ I get ‘ “ ‘ and vice versa. Also a lot of the other keyboard characters were in the wrong position. Another one is, when you type ‘ | ‘ you get ‘ ~ ‘.
I thought it was an issue with Windows and waited for an update to fix this. Months passed and it wasn’t fixed even after lots of updates. Then came Windows 8.1, thought it would be fixed along with Windows 8.1 update. But it wasn’t. So after messing around with my comp I found out the issue and the fix.
What is the issue?
This is an issue with the Keyboard layout of for English United Kingdom Keyboard.
Steps to Fix this.
We can easily fix this by changing our keyboard language to English United States. You will have to add US English to the list if you haven’t already. Follow the below steps to add English US to languages.
1. Open Control Panel and click on Add a language which is under Clock, Language and Region
2. Click on Add a language button on the new page which appears.
3. Scroll Down to ‘E’ and double click on ‘English’
4. Now Double Click on ‘ English (United States) ‘
5. It will be added to your languages list. Click on English (United States) and use the move up button to make it default by moving up English (United States) to the top.
6. Trying to type now and check whether your issue has been fixed. If not, try restarting. It will be fixed for sure.
Hope this fixes your issue. If this helped, please like and share the article. For more help use the comments and I will try my best to help you.